Deadline: 10 July 2013
Open to: trainers with experience in youth organizations and their leadership and with Roma youth
Venue: 16 – 24 November 2013, Budapest, Hungary
Under the priority on strengthening the Roma youth movement and supporting Roma youth participation, the youth sector of the Council of Europe will organise a Training course for Roma youth leaders on the management of youth organisations, that will take place from 16 to 24 November 2013 in Budapest, Hungary. The Preparatory meeting will be held on 22-25 September 2013.
The training course will build on the accumulated experience of the youth sector of running training courses on democratic leadership and management of youth organisations.
The aim of the training course is to strengthen the capacity and sustainability of Roma youth organisations as a means of voicing the concerns and needs of Roma young people by developing the competences of Roma youth leaders in democratic leadership, youth participation and organisational management.
Specific objectives of the training course are to develop the participants’:
- understanding of the role of youth organisations in voicing and fighting for the concerns and needs of Roma youth people;
- competences in starting up youth organisations with Roma young people;
- understanding of the concept of democratic leadership in youth organisations;
- organisational management competences (governance, shared leadership, decision making, conflict management, advocacy, motivation, empowerment, strategic planning, resource management etc.)
- skills in developing projects within their organisations, based on youth participation;
- ability to network with other organisations and institutions in order to develop responses to the situations affecting Roma young people at policy levels;
- to associate participants to the implementation and development of the Roma Youth Action Plan.
The Youth Department of the Council of Europe aims to hire 2 junior and 2 senior trainers.
Eligibile to apply are trainers with the following competencies:
- Ability to introduce, explain and facilitate individual and group learning in the areas of:
- The role of civil society organisations in the fight for human rights;
- Democratic leadership and management of youth organisations;
- Youth participation.
- Experience in youth organisations and in their leadership;
- Experience with Roma young people and, as an added value, in Roma youth organisations;
- Knowledge of the Council of Europe’s Youth Department approaches to youth participation, non-formal education, human rights education and intercultural dialogue;
- Understanding of and experience in preparing and running intercultural training activities based on non-formal learning approaches;
- Sound knowledge on the situations of Roma young people and Roma communities in Europe today;
- Sound understanding and knowledge of Council of Europe values and work for Roma issues;
- Working knowledge of English and, as an added value, Romanes.
All trainers must be available for the full duration of the training course and the preparatory meeting.
Expressions of interest must be communicated by using the form (available here) with an updated CV. Requested materials should be sent until 10 July 2013 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please check the official call.