Deadline: 5 June, 2013
Open to: Students in the field of Engineering and Technology who are registered students in an EU educational institution at the time of submission
Award: Eight finalists will demonstrate their projects at the ICT 2013 event in Vilnius, Lithuania. Three winners will be selected and awarded
Individual students or small groups (max 5) can submit ICT research projects to showcase at the ICT 2013 event in Vilnius.
The projects can be submited in 8 categories, which reflect the orientations of the ICT research in the next European research framework programme, Horizon 2020:
- New components and systems, low-power computing;
- Networking technologies, cloud computing;
- Smart personal environments, robotics;
- Technologies for content and information (new interfaces, big data, tools for creative content and media);
- ICT for societal challenges (health, security, sustainability, education, inclusion);
- Digital platforms and tools for collaboration ;
- Other innovative ICT research projects.
The competition is conducted in two phases:
- Online Submission of a project;
European Commission’s Directorate General for Communications Networks, Content and Technology will select 8 finalists out of the submited projects.
- The eight finalists will demonstrate their projects at the ICT 2013 event in Vilnius, Lithuania.
A student submitting a project should be officially registered as a student in an EU educational institution at the time of submission. If the submission is made by a team, the project leader must be a student at an EU university.
Interested students can have an insight in the terms and conditions regarding the contest HERE!
Three winners will be selected and awarded.
How to enter?
Competition entries can be submitted online HERE until Wednesday 5th June 2013, 16:00 CET!
For more information please visit the official website.