Deadline: 15 June, 2013
Open to: applicants between the ages of 18 and 35 years who are linked to an organization or a network, or those who are a social entrepreneur, blogger, intern or volunteer
Venue: Education First’s campus in Tarrytown, New York, USA from 24-31 August 2013
The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) is collaborating with Education First (EF) in the context of the first UNAOC-EF Summer School, which will take place in Tarrytown, NY, USA, from 24 to 31 of August 2013.
This UNAOC-EF Summer School will bring together 100 youth from all over the world for a week of discussions on pressing global challenges within the context of cultural and religious diversity. Several skills-building workshops will be offered with a view to strengthen participants’ ability on topics such as peace-building, human rights, advocacy, social entrepreneurship, etc.
The objectives of the UNAOC-EF Summer School are to:
- contribute to the empowerment of young people by enhancing their intercultural skills and competences;
- strengthen young people’s capacity to get involved in the preparation and implementation of cooperative action across borders;
- facilitate networking and exchanges between young people; and
- develop a network of alumni and make it an important platform for joint action to help address a global challenge.
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- be between the ages of 18 and 35 years old on 24 August 2013 — the start of the UNAOC – EF Summer School.
- be linked to an organization or a network (e.g. youth council, youth NGO, not-profit organization, youth-led organization, community organization, faith-based organization, youth network or platform, college, university), or be a social entrepreneur, blogger, intern or volunteer.
- hold a passport valid until at least March 2014 (for a visa to be issued, a passport needs to be valid for at least 6 months after the expected date of entry into the country).
- possess upper-intermediate English proficiency.
Selected participants will be provided with flight, accommodation, meals and full event access. Selected participants of the UNAOC – EF Summer School 2013 will be provided with the following:
- international travel to and from the international airport closest to their residence (this economy class international ticket will follow the most direct route),
- visa and travel insurance,
- shared accommodation (double or triple rooms with participants of the same gender) while in Tarrytown,
- meals during the official portions of the Summer School,
- full event access during the entire week of the Summer School, and
- shuttles from and to the airport in New York City.
- the cost of US and transit visas (if applicable),
- the cost of vaccinations required to enter the US (if applicable), and
- the cost of medical insurance required to enter the US (if applicable).
The following costs are not covered for the participants:
- local transportation to and from the international airport closest to their residence,
- cost of meals and other incidental expenses while traveling from and to their residence to New York City,
- cost of meals and other incidental expenses incurred outside of the official portions of the Summer School, and
- any souvenirs, phone calls, equipment, etc. purchased for the Summer School or during the Summer School.
The last day to complete your application to attend the UNAOC – EF Summer School is 15 June 2013 at 23:59 New York City local time. Any application received after this deadline will not be accepted.
You must register and apply using the online tool HERE.
For more information about the Summer School, please read the Frequently Asked Questions page HERE. You may contact email@example.com for all of your questions.
See the official website HERE.