Deadline: 30 May 2013
Open to: Master student with background in International Relations, International or European decentralized Cooperation or Political Science. Fluency in French strongly desired.
Remuneration: monthly allowance of €150
The Association of Local Democracy Agencies (ALDA) is looking for an intern as Policy Officer Assistant. The intern will be based at ALDA’s Brussels office for a 6 month period starting from September 2013. The intern will work under the supervision of ALDA’s Policy Officer.
ALDA is a non-governmental organisation dedicated to the promotion of good governance and citizen participation at the local level. ALDA in particular focuses on activities that facilitate cooperation between local authorities and civil society. It was established in 1999 at the initiative of the Council of Europe’s Congress of Local and Regional Authorities to coordinate and support a network of Local Democracy Agencies which was established in the early 1990es. ALDA is now one of the largest NGOs in the field of cooperation between local authorities and non-state actors engaged in promotion of local democracy and active citizenship. For more information see their website HERE.
Salary/Benefits: The internship is unpaid, though a monthly allowance of €150 will be given.
- Monitoring and reporting of events and information on European policies in relation to activities of ALDA in the Balkans and the European Neighborhood countries, in particular South Caucasus and Belarus.
- Writing articles for ALDA’s website and reports for internal use.
- Participating in meetings for ALDA.
- Participation in drafting project proposals, writing interim and final reports for ongoing projects.
- Translations in French and English.
- Assisting in organizing logistics for travels of the Policy Officer and meetings in Brussels.
- Master student with background in International Relations, International or European decentralized Cooperation or Political Science.
- Ability to work in a small team
- Capacity for synthesis, analysis and writing.
- Interest in issues of local democracy and participatory and active citizenship.
- Strong motivation for European cooperation.
- Ability to work in French and English. Fluency in French strongly desired.
- Proficient use of processing tools such as the Office package (Word, Powerpoint, Excel required).
- Previous experience in communication, monitoring and/or project management is an advantage.
- Demonstrate autonomy and initiative
Send your Motivation Letter and CV in French or in English to firstname.lastname@example.org before 30 May 2013.