Deadline: 7 May, 2013
Open to: applicants with no restriction on nationality with a a Master of Science or a Master of Arts equivalent title as well as to current undergraduate students who will be awarded such a degree before September 25, 2013
Scholarship: amounting to € 12.500 per year + free meals at school’s canteen + Campus facilities
The International Doctoral Program in Economics is a three-year program designed for highly qualified and motivated students who wish to acquire the research and analytical skills of the international scientific community in economics. It is designed for students seeking jobs in academia as well as those who wish to acquire the skills of professional academic research to work in government agencies, financial institutions, international agencies, private companies.
Students will be offered one year and a half of intensive course work by an international Faculty composed of both permanent staff of the School and a large group of Visiting Scholars, and will then proceed to supervised research work, yielding an original dissertation to be discussed in a final, public examination. It is expected that students will produce articles publishable in international journals.
The Programme is jointly offered by Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna and by University of Strasbourg.
Moreover, it is part of a European network – involving the University of Sussex, Aalborg, Manchester, Paris XIII, Oslo and several others, supporting inter-European exchanges of research students and faculty, within the European Network of Excellence DIME.
In addition to the teaching activities, Ph.D. students are nested in a rich research environment, within the Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM) at the Sant’Anna School, and the Bureau d’Economie Théorique et Appliquée – BETA, where Ph.D. students are encouraged to take part in various ongoing research projects.
- Mathematics for Social Sciences
- Statistics and Econometrics
- History of Economic Thought and Economic History
The Programme is open to:
- Applicants with no restriction on nationality, must hold a Master of Science (M.Sc.) or a Master of Arts (M.A.) or equivalent title.
- Current undergraduate students who will be awarded such a degree before September 25, 2013, may also apply. In this case, a successful application will be conditional to the subsequent completion of the degree and the transmission to the School of adequate documentation, also in electronic form, no later than September 25, 2013.
Four positions with fellowships (amounting to € 12.500 per year + free meals at school’s canteen + Campus facilities) are offered every year. The School reserves the possibility of accepting up to a maximum of two further students whose financial support is provided by other institutions.
How to apply
Candidates are requested to apply online by May 7, 2013 by 12.00 pm Italian time.
In case of problems with the online application, please contact Ph.D. Administration Office, e-mail:PhDEconomics@sssup.it).
- the copy of a valid identity document. Non-UE applicants will have to provide a photocopy of their passport;
- the complete Curriculum Vitae
- the academic record with the full list of courses and grades (in English, French or Italian);
- the copy of the Master thesis, when applicable (or a copy of its abstract in English or in French or in Italian), and a copy of any other publication that they deem suitable (works written in languages other than Italian, English, or French must be accompanied by a summary in one of the above languages);
- the copy of a Research Project, of no more than 2.000 words,
- at least two recommendation letters
Fore more details visit the Official Website