Deadline: 15 February
Open to: Young people between 14 and 20 years of age
Prize: More than $2500 total prizes offered to winners
Global Exchange invites entries for What About Peace? Program 2013. Global Exchange is an international human rights organization dedicated to promoting social, economic and environmental justice around the world. This contest is to encourage high school age students to think about peace. Try using What About Peace? as a culminating project, an assignment, for extra credit or as a money-earning project for their group or class.
To take part in this contest, answer the question What about peace? in visual or written media.
- Telling a story (up to 500 words)
- Writing an essay (up to 500 words)
- Creating a poem (up to 200 words)
- Painting a picture or collage (up to 18” x 24”)
- Taking a photo (up to 11” x 14” on photo paper)
- Designing a graphic, poster or comic strip/cartoon (up to 18” x 24”)
- You must be between 14 and 20 years of age to participate.
- One entry per person… One person per entry.
- Entries won’t be returned. What About Peace ? has the right to use any and all entries on our website, in displays, and in publicity for the contest. Copyright belongs to the entrant.
- Be sure that you and your teacher/sponsor understand our stance on copying and plagiarism. They are not allowed.
How to enter the competition?
- Send your entry and the form to What About Peace ? at 2017 Mission Street, 2nd floor, San Francisco, CA 94110.
- All entries must be received on or before February 15th.
Prizes will be given in two categories: written (essay, poem, short story) and visual (painting, collage, photography and graphic).
- GRAND PRIZE is $1000 in any category
- First Place $300 each for the best written entry and $300 for best visual entry
- Second Place $150 in each category
- Sponsor/Teacher’s prizes $100 for Grand prize and first prize