Deadline: 7 January, 2013
Open to: 26 participants from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Germany, Italy, Kosovo, Macedonia, Former Yugoslav Republic of, Romania, Serbia
Venue: Bar, Montenegro, 15 – 24 February
The approach of the training Build The World’s Future! will be focused on developing specific global education and multiplying competencies and it will make use of the richness of experiential learning and non formal education in general (it will have a strong practical approach). The main goal of the project is to develop practical competencies in global education among young Europeans and youth workers.
- To increase the knowledge level of young people in topics like: global interdependencies (from cultural, economical and political approach), MDG-s, post 2015 framework, social and global justice, climate change, consumerism and sustainable lifestyle, etc.
- To develop practical skills in various global education methods and in non-formal education in general;
- To create pro-active attitudes towards global issues;
- To encourage participation and involvement of young people in social processes;
- To develop sense of common responsibility for the future of their local communities from a global perspective; (to think global and act local)
- To stimulate the participants to act as global education multipliers in their own organization and regions;
- Youth workers (no age limit) that are interested in the global topics (having some previous experience is welcomed, but not necessary) and need more knowledge, deeper understanding and new skills/competencies for dealing with these issues in their work, life and communities.
- All participants should have an English level of at least medium level (to be able to participate in discussion and in training activities)
- They should have the support of their sending organization and a platform where they could implement after the training course global education activities which are expected from their participation.
- The participants should be resident of one of following countries:
Romania, Bulgaria, Germany, Serbia, Montenegro, Albania, Kosovo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Czech Republic, Italy, Macedonia and Croatia
This project is funded by the Youth in Action Program. According to its rules, all costs of board and logging will be covered by the organizers.
In addition, the organizers are going to reimburse 70% of the participants’ travel costs, upon the receipt of all original tickets and invoices.
How to apply?
If you are interested in taking part in “Build the World’s Future!” training course, please fill in the application form and return it completely to the e-mail address you find bellow until 7 January 2013 .
Application form can be downloaded HERE.
For more information please see the Official Call