Deadline: 2 December 2012
Open to: young adults from Albania, Algeria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Cyprus, Egypt, France, Greece, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Kosovo, Lebanon, Libya, Macedonia, Malta, Montenegro, Morocco, Palestinian territories, Portugal, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, Syria, Tunisia, or Turkey between the ages of 18 and 35 who are new social entrepreneurs in the sector of intercultural and interfaith dialogue, or who have a great idea that could become a social enterprise in this sector.
Venue: Fondazione CRT premises in Torino (Italy), from 11 to 15 February 2013.
Have you ever wondered what it takes to be a social entrepreneur? Do you want to improve intercultural or interfaith relations in your community? Do you have the courage to challenge yourself? Then you might be who The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations is looking for!
The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations is organizing a 5-day training event in collaboration with the Fondazione CRT and the Italian Government, which will bring 20 young people from the Euro-Mediterranean region to enhance the skills needed to become a young social entrepreneur for intercultural and interfaith dialogue.
In addition to the training, these 20 young adults will network and receive feedback from peers, experienced social entrepreneurs and a professional fund-raiser. The training will take place in Torino, Italy, in February 2013.
There is no participation fee, and all participants will be provided with round-trip international tickets to Torino as well as accommodations, meals, local transportation and visa support.
- The business aspect, i.e. the framework of the social enterprise:
- creating a solid implementation plan
- defining the target audience/clientele and finding the appropriate partners
- being strategic and efficient in the search for funding
- understanding the need to continuously network
- ensuring sustainability of the social enterprise
- The social aspect, i.e. the content of the social enterprise:
- understanding well the context of cultural and religious diversity the social enterprise will be implemented in
- being strategic (finding a niche, responding to a need) in either leveraging this diversityor addressing challenges related to it
- being equipped with the skills to prevent and address tensions or conflicts with links to cultural or religious diversity
UNAOC is looking for young adults from the Euro-Med region between the ages of 18 and 35 who are new social entrepreneurs in the sector of intercultural and interfaith dialogue, or who have a great idea that could become a social enterprise in this sector.
- Have a social enterprise idea (or be in the process of establishing a social enterprise) which is either leveraging cultural and religious diversity (or seeking to address challenges related to this context). The social enterprise can be already in existence or still at the idea or conceptual stage.
- Be between the ages of 18 to 35 years old
- Hold a passport valid until at least the end of July 2013 (for a visa to be issued, a passport needs to be valid for at least 6 months after the expected date of entry into the country issuing the visa).
- Live in and be of nationality from a Euro-Med country (Albania, Algeria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Cyprus, Egypt, France, Greece, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Kosovo, Lebanon, Libya, Macedonia, Malta, Montenegro, Morocco, Palestinian territories, Portugal, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey).
- Be fluent in spoken English
- Please note that university-level education will be seen as highly desirable, but not mandatory.
The application deadline is 11:59 PM, New York time, December 2, 2012. Please read carefully the application guidelines HERE.
You need to submit an application package which must include the following documents:
- The application form AVAILABLE HERE
- A scan of the identification page of your current valid international passport
- Your resume/curriculum vitae, in English, with a maximum of 3 pages.
Questions about this program should be sent to YEMEI@unaoc.org.
For more information, please see the official website AVAILABLE HERE.