Deadline: 3 February 2013
Open to: voluntary and professional youth workers and youth leaders from selected countries involved in international youth work and interested in using Action 4.3 (also within 3.1) of Youth in Action as support measures in their organization’s long term strategy
Venue: 23-29 April 2013 in Bulgaria
TICTAC is a multilateral training course to support quality in training and networking projects of Youth in Action. It is targeted at voluntary and professional youth workers and youth leaders involved in international youth work and interested in using Action 4.3 (also within 3.1) of Youth in Action as support measures in their organization’s long term strategy.
The overall aim of the TICTAC training course is to develop participants’ competences for implementing Action 4.3/3.1 projects, as support measures in an organization’s long term strategy.
The specific objectives of the course are:
- to promote the YiA Programme as an Educational Tool;
- to explore the YiA Programme with a special focus on the aims of Action 4.3 / 3.1 and its activities;
- to understand the role of Action 4.3/ 3.1 projects within a long term strategy;
- to simulate the first steps of organising an Action 4.3 / 3.1 project within an international team;
- to develop participant’s competences in planning Non Formal Education and Intercultural Learning Processes;
- to promote Youth Participation and European Citizenship as key elements when designing a YiA Project.
In the training course participants have the opportunity to meet and to get to know others’ organisations, but contact making is not directly a priority of the training course.
This project is financed by the Youth in Action Programme. Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the National Agencies involved in this project, except for a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country.
Please contact your NA to learn more about the financial details and expected participation fee, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses. If you come from a country other than Programme Countries, please contact the host NA for further information about the financial details.
NOTE: NA Bulgaria will reimburse 90 percent of the travel costs for participants from the region of South East Europe and Eastern Europe Caucasus, 10 percent need to be financed by participants themselves. But in total not more than 350 EUR will be covered. Visa is covered 100 percent!
The training course is designed for youth workers and youth leaders, who:
- have experienced an international event/activity before (not necessarily a project under the Youth in Action programme),
- have at least basic knowledge in the Youth in Action programme,
- are newcomers in Training and Networking projects (Action 4.3/3.1) of Youth in Action or have limited experience and are motivated to learn about and make use of these Actions as a tool for creating or strengthening international partnerships and working on quality in their international Youth in Action projects,
- have the support of an organisation to attend the TICTAC course and are in the position to implement Action 4.3/3.1 training and networking projects in their organisation,
- are minimum 18 years old,
- are able to use English as a working language in order to establish effective communication during group-work and sessions. A low level of English will limit your learning opportunities.
The application deadline is 3 February 2013, with the date of selection on: 22 February 2013. Apply online at the SALTO website using their application tool AVAILABLE HERE.
The organizer is YiA National Agency Bulgaria (National Agency).
Contact for questions:
Before applying please contact the national agency of your residence country (SEE LIST HERE) to check if it is involved in this concrete project and committed to cover travel costs.