Deadline: 28 October, 2012
Open to: people between 18-30 with migrant, asylum seeker, refugee or IDP backgrounds or workers from youth NGOs working with young migrants, who are residents of countries of the Council of Europe or Belarus
Venue: Budapest, Hungary, December 2-9, 2012
National Assembly of Youth Organizations of the Republic of Azerbaijan (NAYORA) in cooperation with the European Youth Centre, Budapest launches the Call for participants for its Study Session “Together we can overcome the challenges for equal participation” to be held in Budapest on December 2-9, 2012 .
The purpose of the Study Session is to get together young people with migrant, refugee, asylum seeker and IDP backgrounds and youth leaders from the youth NGOs which are working with young migrants, asylum seekers, refugees and internally displaced people in order to raise competences and knowledge on how to fight discrimination and promote the active social participation of young migrants, refugees, asylum seekers and IDPs. Moreover, the activity is supposed to achieve the goal through the process of intercultural learning. Because intercultural learning that promotes intercultural dialogue will further result in developing anti-discrimination initiatives in the heads of participants.
The aim of the study session is to promote youth activities aimed at the enhancement of social participation of young migrants, asylum seekers, refugees and IDPs in societies and specifically youth activities by developing the competence of youth leaders from youth NGOs active in this field.
The profile of the participants is as following:
- Young people between 18-30 with migrant, asylum seeker, refugee or IDP backgrounds, or;
- Youth workers from youth NGOs working with young migrants, asylum seekers, refugees and IDPs;
- Be motivated and committed to contribute to the theme of the activity and its outcomes;
- Have already some experience preferably at international level;
- Be able to work in English;
- Be available for the whole duration of the activity;
- Be a resident of a country of the Council of Europe or Belarus;
- Travel expenses and visa costs are reimbursed upon presentation of the relevant receipts, according to the rules of the Council of Europe. Only the participants who attend the entire Study Session may be reimbursed. The payment will be made either by bank transfer after the meeting, or at the end of the meeting in cash (in Euros).
- Board and lodging will be provided and paid for by the Council of Europe at the European Youth Centre in Budapest.
- There is an enrolment fee of 50 Euros which will be deducted from the reimbursement of the participants’ travel expenses.
How to apply?
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and ramiz.aliyev@nayora.
For application form and more information click here
Deadline for application is October 28th.