Deadline: September 1st, 2012
Open to:Higher Education Institutions, Individuals from Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia
Scholarship: Full coverage
The main purpose of the scholarship is to enable scientific staff of universities to do research at Austrian universities in the context of master or doctoral studies (an age limit of 45 years applies). This Austrian programme offers professors and assistants of public universities from Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, Kosovo and Macedonia the possibility to spend one month at an Austrian university for a research visit provided an Austrian university institution is ready to ensure the supervision.
The role of WUS Austria is to promote the program and provide information to interested persons; further information can also be obtained at the Institute of International Law and International Relations/University of Graz, which is in charge of selecting the candidates.
Targeted countries for this scholarship are Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, FYR of Macedonia, Montenegro, and Serbia. The target groups are higher education institutions, companies and individuals. For more information read here .
Implementation of the program is carried out by the Austrian Exchange Service (ÖAD), which takes care of accommodation arrangements and payment of the grant. The grant letter sent by the ÖAD can be used for obtaining a visa if applicable.
If you want to apply for the scholarship, please fill in the application form. As an applicant, you should complete your application process by filling in the Statement of Advisor. More about the scholarship and the application process you can find here.
Please enclose the following documents to your application:
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A detailed statement of the reasons for carrying out the research project in Austria.
- Declaration by an Austrian scholar/professor to act as a supervisor (specific form “Betreuungszusage/Supervisors Declaration available from the website of WUS Austria indicated above. The Supervisor has to be identified by the applicant.
- Confirmation of employment of the university.
- Copies of diplomas or leaving certificates.
- Two recent photographs, to be attached to the application form, to be submitted in 2 copies.
- Two letters of recommendation by professors of the respective fields. These letters should provide an evaluation of the applicant’s project as well as his/her academic or artistic competence and personal qualification to undertake the project inAustria. The letters should also clearly state the position of the referees.
- Do not forget to mention your exact and complete address on the application form. In particular don’t forget to indicate your e-mail address.
For the process of application, the responsible institutions in Austria (University of Graz and the Austrian Exchange Service – ÖAD) require the documents below to be attached to this form and to send the full application to:
Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Benedek,
Institute of International Law and International Relations
Universitätsstraße 15, Bauteil A/4, 8010 Graz, Austria
The deadline is September 1st, 2012.