Deadline: 31 January 2012
Open to: participants from Youth in Action Programme Countries and Neighbouring Partner Countries
Remuneration: covered travel costs and board and lodging
French National Agency (National Agency) in cooperation with SALTO EuroMed Resource Centre (SALTO) organizes a seminar, “Empowering Women II: Gender equality and the third sector”, which will take place from March 26 to March 31, 2012, in Paris, France.
This partnership building seminar will focus on the concept of “empowerment ” circumscribed in the wide area of the third sector. It will overview the different approaches in the third sectors- realties (community and voluntary sectors, etc). The working language is English/French.
Aims and objectives
- facilitating the networking process among participants and promoting new common projects.
- letting participants deepening the topic of empowerment in the third sector (precisely in NGOs)
- deepening the analysis of the realities of empowerment in NGOs in the four regions (EU + MEDA + SEE + EECA)
- enquiring on the effective gender equality inside the third sector and participants’ NGOs
- giving hints on practical methods for reaching an effective empowerment in and outside the organisations (gender budgeting, gender sensitive internal rules, quotas, flexible working hours, e-work…).
- getting a direct touch with the external environment, with organizations and bodies with strong connections with the thematic
- sharing experiences and best practices in the field
This Seminar is for 30 participants from NEIGHBOURING PARTNER COUNTRIES, YOUTH IN ACTION PROGRAMME COUNTRIES and recommended for Youth workers, Trainers, Youth leaders, Project managers.
- Youth workers, trainers belonging to organisations or bodies dealing with the thematic.
- Coming from EU and the three regions (MEDA + SEE + EECA)
- A gender balance would be REALLY appreciated (or at least a significant male participation)
Board and lodging will be covered by the Hosting National Agency. Travel costs for Programme Countries will be covered by the Sending National Agency. Travel cost of Meda Countries will be covered by the Hosting National Agency.
If you are interested in participating in the training you can submit your online application here.
Contact for questions:
Phone: +33 1 70 98 93 71