Deadline: 19 October 2011
Open to: Youth worker, leader and civil servant working on youth participation and youth policy from European Cultural Convention Countries and Albania
Costs: Participation fee of 60€; Covered travel and accommodation.
Council of Europe’s Directorate of Youth and the Ministry of Tourism, Culture, Youth and Sports of Albania are organising a TC on youth participation and youth policy in Albania between 20th and 27th November 2011. The course also benefits from the support of United Nations Population Fund Albania. The training course aims to develop participants’ competences in enhancing youth participation at local, regional and European level, but as well to stimulate co-operation and contribution of different actors in the youth field in Albania in view of youth policy development and implementation. The training course follows a national youth policy review in Albania conducted by an international team of the Council of Europe and published in 2010. The national youth policy review is available here. The course will be held in Albanian and English with simultaneous translation. The training course will bring together experienced youth workers, youth leaders and other practitioners who have the possibility to further promote and facilitate youth participation in their daily work, but as well decision makers and/or representatives of national or local youth authorities able to foster a participative approach to youth policy development and implementation. The course will bring together 30 participants, out of which 6 will be international participants, residents in other states party to the European Cultural Convention than Albania.
Interested candidates should fulfill the following profile:
- Be youth workers, youth leaders or civil servants actively working in youth organisations or youth services;
- Have already experiences in projects related to youth participation and/or youth policy in their realities;
- Be motivated and interested in exploring the concept of youth participation and youth policy and ready to share their experiences and knowledge with other participants;
- Be in a position to multiply the experience gained during the course in their realities, particularly through networking and follow-up activities with partners from Albania;
- Be supported by a youth organisation, state institution or other body, that will ensure their support for the participant’s participation and initiatives (participants need to attach to their application a support letter from this organisation);
- Be available for the full duration of the training course;
- Be able to work in English;
- Be residents in one of the parties to the European Cultural Convention other than Albania;
- Be preferably between 18 – 35 years of age.
Knowledge of Albanian language is an added value for the candidates.
Travel expenses and visa fees are reimbursed (on presentation of the relevant receipts) according to the rules of the Council of Europe. The travel reimbursement will be done by bank transfer after the course. Only those participants who attend the course can be reimbursed.
Board and lodging for the training seminar will be provided and paid for by the Ministry of Tourism, Culture, Youth and Sports of Albania and the UNFPA Albania.
An enrolment fee of 60 Euros is payable by each participant. This amount will be deducted from the amount to be reimbursed for travel expenses.
All candidates must apply by filling in the online application form available at http://youthapplications.coe.int/.
The preparatory team will select participants on the basis of the profile outlined above, ensuring a balanced group (sex, geographical regions, different types of experiences, cultural backgrounds and organisations). A waiting list may be established. Candidates will be informed as to whether their application has been accepted, rejected or put on the waiting list, by 26 October 2011. All application forms must be completed by 19 October 2011.