Deadline: 28 February 2011
Open to: professorial staff and early to mid-career academics
Stipend: allowance of £12,000
The School of Advanced Study offers a Visiting Fellowship in the Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences by competition. It is an ideal base for interdisciplinary research in the humanities and social sciences, especially across the member Institutes’ fields of study.
Fellowships may be held for a period of up to six consecutive months between September and June of any academic year.
• contribute to the scholarly activity of the School, its Institutes and the Human Rights Consortium;
• contribute to the Dean’s Seminar series;
• deliver the School Visiting Fellow Lecture
• write a brief report for the Dean shortly after the end of the fellowship period, for publication on the School’s website.
Professorial staff and to early to mid-career academics of sufficient quality and standing. Applicants must have been awarded their PhD at least ten years before applying for a fellowship.
Submit the application form with:
* a short CV (maximum: five A4 pages, including a list of relevant publications);
* a statement of the research project to be carried out during the fellowship (maximum: 1500 words);
* Two references from appropriate academic referees, which should be provided at the time of the submission. These can be emailed direct to the Fellowships Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
There is an allowance of £12,000 to cover the cost of accommodation, travel, research costs etc. All expenses must be notified by email to the Fellowship Officer in advance to be cleared by him.
Peter Niven, Fellowships Officer
Fax (+44) (0)20 7862 8657