Deadline: 10 January 2011
Open to: youth workers and youth leaders from Greece, Hungary, Portugal, Germany, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Romania
Costs: 50% of travel costs
Venue: 18-24 March 2011, Sofia – Bulgaria
This training aims to to support the professional development of youth workers and youth leaders by extending their competencies to integrate European citizenship within their projects and practice.
– extend the participants’ knowledge and understanding of Europe, citizenship and young people in Europe
– enable participants to reflect upon and to address key values related to European citizenship
– critically and creatively reflect about the role and relevance of Europe and European citizenship for young people and for youth work today and in the future
– further develop the participants’ skills and abilities to reflect about intercultural learning, multicultural society and their translation into and implications for youth work practice
– acquire competence in dealing with European youth programmes, the policies behind them and the decision-making structures associated to them
– equip the participants with the knowledge and competence necessary to make use of existing funding mechanisms and programmes for young people
– youth workers/leaders directly working with groups of young people in their own communities,
– having/willing to have educational aims in their activities to develop skills of young people for active citizenship,
– motivated to improve their skills in citizenship education through experiential learning,
– ready to learn from their own experience and be fully involved in training activities during the entire course
From: Greece, Hungary, Portugal, Germany, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Romania
All candidates must apply by using the enclosed Application Form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PTPI Plovdiv will provide board, lodging and programme costs during entire training course. 50% of travel costs will be covered by organisers of the course.
We ask for your contribution to this training course, which is: 50% of your travel costs;
Phone: 00359 887 584 054