Deadline: 21 December 2010
Open to: students not holding a degree/holding a Bachelor’s degree; PhD. students
Scholarship: 50% of the enrolment fee
Ca’ Foscari University of Venice encourages international students to study at the University by assigning them the status of “Visiting Student”.
For the English-taught programs see here.
For the Research doctorates see here.
Visiting Students are:
a) Students not residing in Italy and enrolled in foreign universities not holding a specific bilateral exchange agreement with Ca’ Foscari or students that, should a specific bilateral exchange agreement be in force, may or not have taken part in mobility programmes or are not included in the quotas defined by the Italian laws, who would like to take courses given by Ca’ Foscari University for one semester or an entire academic year.
They should be:
1) in a First Cycle Degree Programme requiring for entry the possession of a school leaving certificate following a minimum 12-year education;
2) in a Second Cycle Degree programme requiring for entry the possession of a minimum 12-year education and a First Cycle Degree, or an equivalent degree from a programme lasting at least 3 years.
b) Students not residing in Italy and enrolled in foreign universities who wish to conduct an independent research activity, whether aimed at completing a final thesis or not, in educational areas under study at Ca’ Foscari or attend third cycle courses, under the guidance of an academic tutor for a period of no less than one semester.
The international students interested in this opportunity shall submit their application form to the Welcome and Enrolment Office – Enrolment Service for International Students by the following deadline:
* for the 2nd semester (February 2011 – June 2011): by December 21st, 2010.
The following documents shall be submitted along with the application form duly signed:
* passport size photo;
* copy of an identity card;
* a presentation letter written by the student in Italian or English stating his/her reasons for wanting to attend any educational activities at Ca’ Foscari. This letter shall be co-signed by a professor from the student’s home institution;
* a certificate including the student’s personal data, school/academic qualifications, year of enrolment in the degree programme at his/her home institution and any and all transcripts of records. Such certificate shall be translated into one of the main four EU languages (English, French, German, Spanish).
* those students wishing to conduct an independent research activity shall produce a presentation letter in English or Italian written by a professor from the student’s home institution identifying the research subjects to be studied at Ca’ Foscari.
The applicant shall submit his/her application along with the above listed documents:
* to the e-mail address email@example.com;
* to the fax number +39 041 234 7969.
Visiting Students may qualify for financial aid (scholarships) granted on the basis of merit. Each scholarship amounts to 50% of the enrolment fees (EUR 160.00 for each course worth 6 university credits; EUR 220.00 for each course worth 7 university credits or more; EUR 450.00 for each research semester): so beneficiary students shall pay the enrolment fee for an amount equal to its 50%. 25 scholarships are available for the second semester of the 2010/2011 academic year.
Enrolment Service for International Students
Ca’ Foscari – Dorsoduro
3246 – 30123 Venice
Tel.: +39 041 234 7575
The official website.