Deadline: 15 February 2011
Open to: graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, junior faculty, researchers and professionals
Scholarship: tuition waiver, accommodation grant, travel grant (full or partial) to individuals from Central and Eastern Europe, Mongolia and emerging countries
Established in 1996, CEU’s Summer University program hosts high-level, research-oriented, interdisciplinary and innovative academic courses as well as workshops on policy issues for professional development in the social sciences and the humanities. Courses involve distinguished international faculty (including CEU professors), and excellent advanced doctoral students, junior or post-doctoral researchers, teachers and professionals as participants. While application from all over the world is encouraged, continued priority is given to applicants from Central and Eastern Europe, the former Soviet Union and countries experiencing emerging democracies worldwide. Applicants from these countries, when admitted on merit, will be eligible for scholarship, while those from developed countries will usually be expected to pay fees.
Course offerings cater for the various needs of academic and professional development across a wide spectrum of disciplines. These include anthropology, cultural studies, environmental sciences, comparative religion, political science, public policy, sociology, international relations, legal studies, etc. The program encourages topics in newly emerging fields and transdisciplinary approaches.
For the list of courses, click here.
- The program encourages applications from graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, junior faculty, researchers and professionals.
- Undergraduates without a university degree will not be considered with the exception of the course entitled the “Advanced European Union Legal Practice” course, which accepts applications from those near completion of their law degree as well.
- The language of instruction is English; thus all applicants have to demonstrate a strong command of spoken and written English to be able to participate actively in discussions at seminars and workshops. (In some instances shortlisted applicants may be contacted for a telephone interview.)
Applicants may apply to maximum two courses. Please note that if you are going to apply to two courses, you must submit a separate application for each. In such cases you should upload a separate set of attachments customized, if necessary, to the differing needs and requirements of the two courses.
Below is the list of the documents you need to prepare or arrange for submission:
* Completed online SUN Application Form
* Letter of recommendation
* A full curriculum vitae or resume, including a list of publications, if any
* Statement of Purpose
* Course-specific requirements (research proposal, writing sample, academic records if requested, etc.)
- A copy of an article in English published recently (if available)
- A copy of an English language certificate (if available)
Financial aid is available in the following categories:
– tuition waiver
– accommodation grant
– travel grant (full or partial)
Participants from Central and Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union and Mongolia, as well as those coming from emerging countries worldwide can apply for financial aid in all categories listed above, except for the Advanced European Union Legal Practice course, which can only be attended on a fee-paying basis (no scholarships or tuition waivers are available).
If you need help or more information during the application process, please feel free to contact the SUN staff:
E-mail for inquiry and correspondence: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: (36-1) 327-3811
Fax: (36-1) 327-3124
Skype (free Internet telephone): ceu-sun
2 thoughts on “CEU Summer University Courses, Hungary”
i will like to know more about the scholarship package
Dear John Doe,
In that case, feel free to write to organizers: email@example.com