Deadline: 31 March 2011
Open to: any final year student studying a higher education photography based course at university or college in the United Kingdom or Republic of Ireland
Prize: 3 months paid employment, £3,000 cash to help with general living expense and Nikon professional camera and lens worth £4,000
At Nikon we have always been keen to support emerging photographic talent and recognise that starting a career after education is a big challenge. So, to help emerging photographers make their way in the big, bad world of photography, Nikon has set up the Nikon Foundation; an initiative that invites final year students to enter a competition for the chance to jump start their career.
The Nikon Foundation offers final year photography students an opportunity to win the ultimate career enhancing boost – three month’s paid employment as a photographer’s assistant to renowned fashion and celebrity photographer John Wright!
Any final year student studying a higher education photography based course at university or college in the United Kingdom or Republic of Ireland.
– submit a portfolio of 5-12 of your best digital images (Files must be in .jpeg format with a width of 1600 pixels: Each entrant must submit a minimum of 5 to a maximum of 12 images in a single zip file, which should be no bigger than 30MB, with an accompanying covering letter of up to 500 words)
– covering letter of no more than 500 words explaining why you think you are the right candidate for the job
– try to include some details , for example what strengths would you bring to John’s team, why would you work well with John, what is your style and where do you see yourself in 5 years
You can submit your application on-line.
- 3 months paid employment with top fashion photographer John Wright as an Assistant, with an annual salary of £15k, pro rata.
- £3,000 cash to help with general living expenses
- Nikon professional camera and lens worth £4,000
Please note that the winner will start their placement with John at the beginning of June 2011.