Youth association creACTive is organising a training course: “Young people in divided communities!” – Exploring issues and strategies for young people and youth organisations working in divided communities. From 7 till 14 September the training will take place in Struga, Macedonia.
creACTive is a youth association for support of creativity and active citizenship of young people. Formed in 2007, creACTive has a main aim to assist young people’s development by providing them with a variety of non-formal education activities. More detailed information about creACTive is available here.
There are many societies around Europe strongly divided on the basis of people’s different backgrounds. This project will gather youth workers who face these issues in their countries or who are interested in developing knowledge about this subject.
Main theme of the project is role of youth/social workers in divided/segregated communities which are divided by ethnicity, religion and/or language etc.
- To explore and understand the effects of divided communities on young people
- To explore the role of young people in breaking down barriers and institutionally established divisions
- To compare experiences of youth organisations from different divided communities from across Europe
- To increase capacities of local organisations to work in divided communities through the sharing of grass root methods, approaches and campaigns in tackling segregation
- To directly develop participants’ skills and competences that they need in order to work with the target groups in their local communities
- To develop strategies for youth organisations from different divided communities to cooperate and work together
The working language is English.
This training course is for youth workers and social workers from Austria, Bulgaria, Cyprus, France, Slovenia, United Kingdom, Turkey, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Serbia, Kosovo
The project covers accommodation, food, materials and 70% of participants’ travel costs, based on the cheapest means of traveling. The participants are asked to contribute by paying participation fee of 15 euro.
Fill in the application form before 10 July 2010, and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be informed about the results on the 17th of July 2010. Then you will also be provided with an Info-pack and the activity program of the project.
For more information, click here.