Call for: proposals
UNFIXED is a project that explores the relation between photography, postcolonial perspectives and contemporary art. It includes an exhibition, symposium, workshop, artist commission-residency, and a resulting publication.
The title refers to the unfixed nature of photography. It explores the elusive “truth” of photography and its relationship to ideas of ethnicity, culture and identity in contemporary art.
* The organizers invite scholars, artists, writers and professionals to submit proposals for visual and/or textual presentations or papers on topics relating to UNFIXED.
The organizers welcome proposals
* for both or either platform (publication/symposium)
* for visual essays, which can include vernacular or found photography, and/or photo-works made by applicants, etc.
* for essays or presentations with innovative formats (performance-based presentations, multimedia projects etc.)
Unfixing photography’s fixed representations of cultural heritage, ethnicity and identity.
All interested participants should submit the detailed call for proposal and information:
1. Textual essay proposal – proposal (abstract) of 600 words maximum
2. Visual essay or presentation proposal – proposal of 400 words maximum, 5 images maximum (jpeg format, maximum 1mb per image)
3. include full name, birth date, contact information, and educational or organization affiliation (where relevant).
The proposals need to be submitted by 30th June 2010 to: email@example.com
Important: use the subject line – CFP
Successful applicants will be notified by 15 July 2010. Full papers/presentations should be submitted by 15 September 2010. A small financial contribution is available for travel and accommodation for those invited to present at the symposium.