Deadline: August 20th until midnight
Open to: Citizen ( Age 18-30) of a country that is a member of EU, EFTA, Croatia and Turkey or Eastern Europe and Caucasus (we have only one place for Eastern Europe and Caucasus)
Venue: 8th – 14th November 2012 (including travel days) Bled, Slovenia
The idea of the conference is to bring together 100+ young people from across Europe to build capacity to become advocates of a better alcohol policy in Europe.
Aims and purpose
The first European Alcohol Policy Youth Conference aims to:
- raise interest among young people and youth organizations in Europe about alcohol policy,
- empower the participants with the necessary skills and capacities in order to actively promote their views on alcohol,
- engage with these views in the policy-making, by capacitating them to be of influence next to institutions and authorities, as well as for raising awareness next to their constituencies and partners at the local, national or European levels,
- provide the necessary tools and training for participants to be able to conduct community based projects to reduce the alcohol related harm on youth,
- bring their own expertise and best practice and exchange them with the rest of the participants, as well as gain more skills on advocacy and policy-making,
- foster cooperation and networking among the participants and organisations present at the event.
- A multiplier, transferer who will be engaged in educational activities in his or her organization,
- Has the interest in the Alcohol and Youth field,
- Age between 18 and 30,
- Citizen of a country that is a member of EU, EFTA, Croatia and Turkey or Eastern Europe and Caucasus (we have only one place for Eastern Europe and Caucasus),
- Has ideas, possibilities and willingness to put the gained knowledge into practice after returning home from the conference,
- Has the basic knowledge of the youth field (knowing today’s youth, their needs and motivation etc.),
- Able to fully participate on the event (arrival: 8th November in the morning, departure: 14th November anytime),
- Able to use English as a working language (both oral and written).
Travel and accomodation costs
70% of travel expenses will only be reimbursed upon presentation of documentary evidence of the sum actually paid (invoice, copy of credit card slip, boarding pass, local transportation tickets, etc.). The first 20 selected participants (by the date of application) will get the participation fee refunded upon the presentation of valid travel documents after the conference (added to the refund of the 70% of travel costs).
Be aware that only youth from APYN member organizations and from European countries will be reimbursed.
All participants will be reimbursed after the meeting (unless you have arranged with APYN to be reimbursed during the meeting).
The participation fee is 50,00 eur per participant and will be paid by participants upon selection. The organizers will cover the costs of lodging for the duration of the event for the selected participants.