Deadline: 20 July 2014
Open to: candidates with a Master degree in Communication, Media, International relation or related with a relevant professional experience of 2 years minimum
Remuneration: 55 300 USD annually
UNESCO will implement a four-year project focused on the media sector in Jordan as a platform for democratic dialogue and a crucial instrument to transparency and accountability in a democratic society. Its main objective is to strengthen an enabling regulatory and institutional environment and to build the capacity for an independent, quality based media sector serving the entire population. Primary beneficiaries will be those working in the media sector, however, secondary beneficiaries will be the Jordanian society as a whole that relies on the media as a major source of information.
The Communication and Coordination Officer is a core member of the project team who will be responsible for the overall visibility and outreach of the project and its activities, in addition to maintaining constant and efficient communication between project staff and the donor, partners, and beneficiaries. Their prime responsibility is to make sure that project outputs achieved are visible according to a clearly defined communication strategy and abiding by the guidelines of both organizations, UNESCO and the EU, to ensure that all deliverables under the project receive adequate media attention and are communicated to different audiences in an effective manner.
- Advanced university degree (equivalent to a Master degree) in Communication or Information Sciences, Media and Journalism, Political Science, International Relations, International Development or in any other related field relevant to the themes addressed by the project.
- Up to 2 years of relevant professional experience (less than 1 year for candidate with PhD) in the area of communication, journalism and/or information management at the national and/or sub-regional level;
- Experience in working in the implementation of national and/or sub-regional projects in the area of communication, journalism and information;
- Experience to work in a multicultural environment;
- Experience in working with information technology.
Annual salary is 55 300 USD approximately. Duration of the contract is initially for a one-year period, with potential of renewal.
Application deadline is 20 July 2014 at midnight (Amman).
To apply, send your CV and a cover letter, by email to email@example.com. Please label the subject line ‘Coordination/Communication Officer, Support to Media’.
For further information read the official call HERE.