Deadline: 16 October 2022
Open to: international applicants
The European Endowment for Democracy (EED) is a grant-making organisation which has been established by the EU Member States and the European Union institutions to foster and encourage democratisation and deep and sustainable democracy. EED has been established as an independent private law foundation with its seat in Brussels.
Roster of Experts
The EED relies on a network of consultants, including in countries of the European Neighbourhood and beyond, to provide support to the EED Secretariat in assessing financial reports from EED grant beneficiaries.
EED is looking for consultants for assessment of grant financial reports with thorough knowledge of BHS (languages of Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina)
Assignments for consultants on the roster may range from 1 to 5 days per assignment, with the exact consultancy fee depending on the nature and complexity of the requested work as well as the experience and track record of the consultant. The number of assignments will be variable, depending on the demand and needs of the EED Secretariat.
The assignments will mainly consist in the revision and assessment of financial reports submitted by beneficiaries as part of EED grants. Consultants will be requested to verify their correctness and compliance (calculations, completeness of supporting documents, eligibility of expenses etc.) with the approved budget and all EED contractual stipulations and, where applicable, to liaise with grant beneficiaries to clarify such reports.
- at least 3 years of proven full-time professional experience in the administrative and financial management of projects and/or programmes addressed to the civil society;
- demonstrated track record in grant-making and/or administering contractual financial and technical reports;
- experience in accounting and financial audits considered an asset;
- thorough knowledge of BHS (languages of Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina) ;
- solid ICT skills, with high proficiency in Microsoft Excel;
- high level of precision, with an eye to detail;
- ability to keep full confidentiality about all assigned tasks and related documentation as well as able to exercise confidentiality, discretion and tact when dealing with diverse groups of people;
- ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines;
- ability to develop strong coordination with EED in-house staff;
- provide references as to the suitability for the performance of duties.
Expressions of interest should be submitted online using the “apply” panel on this page.
Please submit your CV (Europass format required) including a motivation letter and contact details for two referees. The motivation letter must explain the legal status of the individual (or associated company), whether they are able to issue EED with an invoice for services, and what is their hour or daily fee.
After successfully submitting your application you will receive an automatic email confirming receipt of your application.
Please no phone calls/emails/letters. Candidates will be contacted only when a suitable assignment may arise. Prospective members of the Roster may also be contacted for a written test.
Freelance individuals, people attached to an existing consultancy firm or NGOs are equally eligible to apply.
All applicants must be able to issue EED with an invoice for services.
The applications will not be returned to candidates but will be kept on file by the EED for when a suitable opportunity may arise. The information provided in the applications is subject to EU legislation on protection of personal data and confidentiality of information.
This call for consultants to be included in the Roster of Experts is open until 16th of October 2022 at 12 midnight Brussels time (consultants may be contacted also before the end of the call).