Deadline: 29 May 2022
Open to: people from around the world who are at the forefront of ending extreme poverty
Benefits: cash prizes
The Waislitz Global Citizen Awards recognize and support extraordinary individuals around the world for their work to end extreme poverty and applications for the 2022 awards are now open.
The annual cash prize seeks to uplift people from around the world who are at the forefront of ending extreme poverty, with the awards and funding helping individuals further implement their advocacy efforts towards an end to extreme poverty and its systemic causes. Presented by the Waislitz Foundation and Global Citizen, with additional support from US and Australia-based cellular medicines company Mesoblast, the 2022 awards will distribute $200,000 among three exceptional changemakers.
All applicants will be judged upon their ability to excel in five key areas: global citizenship, proof of concept, disruption, scalability, and adaptability.
- GLOBAL CITIZENSHIP: How does the applicant embody and exemplify the values and practices of a Global Citizen?
- PROOF OF CONCEPT: Does the applicant have a strong proof of concept with at least 1-2 years of impact towards ending extreme poverty?
- DISRUPTION: Has the applicant created measurable impact in an innovative manner that disrupts the systems that allow for extreme poverty to exist?
- SCALABILITY: How would this award enable/support the applicant to scale or improve their work?
- ADAPTABILITY: Can the applicant demonstrate examples of their ability to adapt and evolve to changing conditions?
This 2022 Waislitz Global Citizen Awards feature three awards totaling $200,000.
- $100,000: Waislitz Global Citizen Award (Grand Prize)
- $50,000: The Waislitz Global Citizen Disruptor Award
- $50,000: The Waislitz Global Citizens’ Choice Award
The grand prize Waislitz Global Citizen Award will be awarded to an applicant based on the 5 criteria listed above. The Waislitz Global Citizen Disruptor Award will be awarded to an individual who excels in the “Disruption” criteria. The Waislitz Global Citizens’ Choice Award will be selected with input from public online voting by the Global Citizen community.
In addition to the cash prizes, the three winners will be profiled in editorial pieces that will be featured on the Global Citizen platform and social media.
How to apply?
For more information and to apply, please visit the official website.