Deadline: 15 February 2022
Open to: Mid-career professionals
Benefits: Fellowship Stipends
The Learning Sciences Exchange (LSX) is a groundbreaking, two-year fellowship for mid-career professionals in Europe, North America, Latin America, and Africa who are interested in building cross-sector skills for communicating new research and catalyzing change in their schools and communities. The program’s goal is to foster broader understanding, widespread dissemination, and better application of the insights emerging from the science of learning for children ages 2 to 12.
LSX Fellows will work in teams to develop cross-sector projects that activate change in schools and other learning settings. This project will be showcased as the culmination of the fellowship at the third LSX summit in June 2024. Fellows will attend workshops and conferences on new directions in the science of learning, on how to support students of varying backgrounds and needs, and on how to communicate the science effectively with educators, parents, policymakers, and other broad audiences. Fellows will also work on concrete deliverables such as blog posts and op-eds. The ideal LSX Fellows candidate will be engaged in tackling education problems, applying the science of learning, or developing messages related to adaptive teaching and individualized learning.
- Researchers with newly emerging research on learning or learning variability and who have great interest in translating evidence into action for practitioners, parents, and policy-makers
- Entrepreneurs with effective education solutions seeking to advance learning and education so children can thrive
- Education leaders who run, administer, or design schools or systems focused on individualized learning and adaptive teaching, especially those with previous teaching experience
- Education journalists seeking to gain a deeper understanding of learner variability and support more effective communications about the science of learning within education systems and among teachers and parents
- Entertainment producers and game developers who want to gain a deeper understanding of learning variability and individualized learning across this age group
Fifteen fellows will be chosen, three from each of the five sectors. The LSX Fellows’ first meeting is planned as a hybrid event (virtual and in-person, pandemic permitting) for June 2022 in Washington, DC at the second-ever LSX Summit, an event that will showcase the work of the current class of LSX Fellows. At the culmination of the fellowship in June 2024, the new class of LSX Fellows will showcase their work at a third LSX Summit.
Each fellow will receive a $5000 stipend to cover the two years, and all travel costs are covered for in-person meetings.
Additionally, LSX fellows will be encouraged to attend professional development sessions designed with their particular projects in mind, office hours with the advisors on our Steering Committee and Advisory Board, and professional conferences that match their interests as budgets allow.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information please visit the official website.