Deadline: 28 July 2020
Open to: people not older than 30 years who are in charge of a project that is currently running or has been completed between January 2018 and January 2020
Benefits: USD 10,000 cash prize, participation at the AFS Global Conference, international recognition and membership in the AFS community of young and active global citizens
Pandemic. Climate crisis. The need for young global citizens has never been greater. They are driving the changes urgently required to address and solve our shared challenges.
The AFS Prize for Young Global Citizens will recognize one young person for their commitment to improving the global community and whose actions contribute to a more just, peaceful, and tolerant world.
The prize will be awarded to an individual who is:
- Is no older than 30 years old by October 22, 2020.
- Is in charge of a project that is currently running or has been completed between January 2018 and January 2020. Both must have already demonstrated success in achieving their stated goals.
- Demonstrates how their project is successfully addressing a pressing global issue, tackling one or more of the challenges outlined by the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, and what this translates into in real-life impacts.
- Shows how their project successfully engages others outside their own community/culture and how this aspect is crucial to advancing their work. Projects must rely on intercultural understanding and global competence.
- Articulates how their initiative has significant potential to be scaled up and extended.
A single Prize shall be awarded to the Winner and shall consist of a cash award of ten thousand dollars (USD 10,000.00) and participation in the 2020 AFS Global Conference Virtually (ARV of USD 300) as well as the AFS Global Award winners’ network (ARV of USD 2,500). The total ARV of the Prize is USD 12,800.
- Participation in the 2020 AFS Global Conference shall consist of travel (train or flight plus transfers), hotel, select meals and conference fees, all chosen and purchased directly by the Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole and exclusive discretion. To be eligible to receive this travel package, any Minor who is declared as the Winner may also be required to be accompanied by an adult.
- Participation in the 2020 AFS Global Conference shall consist of full access to the virtual conference sessions.
How to apply?
To fill out the application form, please login or create an account here.
For more information, please visit the official web page.