Deadline: 24 April 2020
Open to: young scientists from countries that are part of the EU Strategy for the Danube Region (Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czechia, Germany, Hungary, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Romania and Ukraine)
Benefits: EUR 1.200 for each winner
Candidates for the Danubius Young Scientist Award can come from all scientific disciplines. The number of nominations per organization is limited to a maximum number of 3.
It is expected that the award ceremony will take place in the context of the Annual Meeting of the Danube Rectors’ Conference in Uschgorod (Ukraine) in November 2020.
Moreover, thanks to the ongoing kind support by the JRC, the awardees will be invited by the European Commission´s Joint Research Centre to visit the JRC in Ispra, Italy in 2020.
- Scientific excellence and innovative approach of the academic work
- Thematic relevance of the scientific work for issues/problems of the Danube Region
- Relevance of the scientific work beyond the national borders
- Potential of the candidate (for example: integration in international networks, participation in scientific projects, publication history, experience in teaching etc.)
- No formal age limit – BUT limitation to participants that have received their Master/PhD max. 5 years ago (= after 1st of January 2015)
- Submissions of candidates holding only a bachelor degree will not be accepted
The award will be endowed with EUR 1.200 for each winner of the Danubius Young Scientist Award.
How to Apply?
Nominations including all relevant documents have to be sent to: email@example.com
For more information please visit the official web page.