Deadline: 10 April 2020
Open to: all young environmentalists aged 18 – 30
Benefits: USD 15,000 in seed funding and more
Are you a change-maker, rain-maker, ground-breaker? Do you see opportunity where others see crisis? Do you want to change the world? Young Champions of the Earth aims to celebrate and support individuals aged between 18 and 30 who have outstanding potential to create a positive environmental impact. In 2020, seven young people – selected from every global region – will be named Young Champions of the Earth. These winners receive seed funding, intensive training and tailored mentoring to bring their big environmental ideas to life.
UN Young Champions of the Earth is a forward-looking prize designed to breathe life into the ambitions of brilliant young environmentalists. More than just an honorary title, the Young Champions of the Earth prize aims to nurture the next generation of environmental leaders. Applicants who demonstrate a strong willingness to learn will be granted access to mentoring and skill-building opportunities and to a community of like-minded entrepreneurs and experts.
- UN is looking for artists, scientists, economists, communicators and entrepreneurs from all walks of life who have big, bold ideas – for the environment, for humanity, for a greener future
- Applicants must have at least 6 months experience working on a big idea to protect or restore the environment
- The candidates should be aged between 18 and 30 on 31 December
In 2020, seven Young Champions of the Earth will be selected from each global region: Africa, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean, North America, West Asia and two from Asia and the Pacific. Each winner will receive:
- USD 15,000 in seed funding
- USD 9,000 to communicate and capture your idea and document and broadcast the stories of hope and change that you’re catalyzing on the ground
- Attendance at a high-level UN meeting
- An introduction to dignitaries at the Champions of the Earth award ceremony
- Publicity and recognition through interviews and online and global media
- Access to a community of experts offering insights and mentoring
- Participation in an entrepreneurial training program
The 2020 Young Champions of the Earth will be required to share their journeys through videos and blogs on this website for up to one year.
How to Apply?
For more information and to apply, please visit the official website.