Deadline: 15 December 2019
Open to: visual artists from all over the world
Benefits: EUR 5.000 and EUR 10.000 cash prizes
KINO DER KUNST a unique worldwide combination of film festival and art exhibition will hold its fourth edition in spring 2020. Movie theatres and museums all over Munich will present the International Competition as well as supporting programmes, artists’ talks, symposia and multi-channel installations.
KINO DER KUNST investigates the connection between visual art and cinema; its programmatic focus lies on how cinematographic artists approach fiction and narration. The international competition presents cinematic works in which artists apply formal innovation and a highly aesthetic visual language without losing sight of the serious issues of our time.
The KINO DER KUNST 20’s theme is “Forbidden Beauty”.
The next edition of KINO DER KUNST will be held from April 22 – 26, 2020 in Munich, Germany. Movie theatres and museums all over Munich will present the International Competition as well as supporting programmes, artists’ talks, symposia and multi-channel installations.
Visual artists from all over the world are invited to submit their recent works to the International Competition that reflect this year’s topic “Forbidden Beauty”. All entries must reveal an innovative approach to the various forms of cinematographic narration and demonstrate a high technical level.
- Main Award Kino der Kunst Category Feature-Lenght Film International Competition – EUR 10.000 (with film submission)
- Main Award Kino der Kunst Category Short Film International Competition – EUR 10.000 (with film submission)
- Audience Award International Competition – EUR 5.000 (with film submission)
- Award for an Innovative Filmic Oeuvre International Competition – EUR 10.000
- Special Award for Extraordinary Merits in the Dialogue of Film and Art- EUR 10.000
How to apply?
In order to apply, you must fill in the application form.
For more information and to apply please visit the official web page.