Deadline: 26 September 2019
Open to: any individual, or group of individuals, or organization (from private or public sectors), which contributes to global security
Award: a cash award of around EUR 8991.99, and all travel expenses for the winner to attend the award ceremony in Geneva
In 2015, under the umbrella of its Creativity and Innovation Initiative, the GCSP and its Geopolitics and Global Futures Programme established a prize in order to recognise deserving individuals or organisations that have an innovative approach to addressing international security challenges. The prize is designed to reach across all relevant disciplines and fields. It seeks to reward the most inspiring, innovative and ground-breaking contribution of the year, whether this comes in the form of an initiative, invention, research publication, or organisation. A broad range of projects could qualify for consideration, including, but not limited to, technological and conceptual innovations, original research or grassroots initiatives.
1. The prize is awarded for a project by any individual, or group of individuals, or organization (from private or public sectors), which contributes to global security, and has been submitted for consideration according to the rules and regulations. No more than one application per applicant is allowed.
2. Applications may come from any country, but the project should go beyond national borders in its reach or thinking and must seek to address global security in innovative ways or through new ideas. A broad range of projects could qualify for consideration, including, but not limited to, technological and conceptual innovations, original research or grassroots initiatives.
3. The prize is intended to encourage and recognize excellence in contributing to new approaches to enhancing sustainable global security.
4. The prize is awarded by the Geneva Centre for Security Policy (GCSP), as part of its Programme for Geopolitics and Global Futures, under the Creativity and Innovation Initiative.
5. Employees and staff of the GCSP, as well as their family members, are not eligible participants.
All rules and regulations are available here.
- The prize consists of a cash award of CHF 10’000 (around EUR 8991.99);
- The prize will be awarded to the winner at a Ceremony in Geneva, Switzerland;
- In addition to the Prize, all travel to and attendance at the Ceremony will be paid by the GCSP.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application form.
For more information, click here.