Deadline: 16 May 2019
Open to: everyone
Benefits: the winners will be invited to take part in the 2019 edition of the European Vocational Skills Week in Helsinki
Developing entrepreneurial mindsets is key in the EU’s drive to build more competitive and employable workforces. The European Training Foundation is seeking examples of good practice among training providers promoting entrepreneurship as a key competence in the ETF partner countries*. The winners will be invited to take part in the 2019 edition of the European Vocational Skills Week which will take place in Helsinki in October.
Are you a learner, a teacher, a practical trainer, a school principal, an expert, an entrepreneur, a guidance officer involved in career guidance, education and training, skills development? Are you working with job seekers in an employment or recruitment agency? Do you have experience with staff training or with staff skills assessment in a company? Do you use technology to support learning? Do you have a story to tell about how developing skills and gaining qualifications benefit people?
Do you have ideas about what works in:
- Helping young people get a foothold in the labor market, or move on to further education and training;
- Helping people acquire hands-on skills in the workplace;
- Promoting mobility of learners and teachers;
- Supporting marginalized or vulnerable people integrate in work and society through skills and qualifications;
- Helping people take a new career path later in life;
- Upskilling and reskilling workers in your business;
- Identifying and assessing skills and experience for people’s career development or further education and training
- Using audio-visual or digital technology to support learning in the classroom, in the workplace or at home;
- Revamping an old VET programme and make it super attractive.
- Any other things that work that we haven’t even thought about.
Your examples of what works will be showcased in a new publication ‘Skills and qualifications – benefits for people’ for more info, please see below), as well as on our website and social media. The publication will focus on practical experience, with many examples to inspire people and tools for them to use.
Anyone who has an interesting story to submit.
- All the stories meeting some basic criteria will be used in our new publication ‘Skills and qualifications – benefits for people’, mentioning your name and organization, or in other ETF publications and products.
- The most interesting stories will be picked to make ETF short films. Some of them will be shown at the ETF conference in 2019 (date to be confirmed). And we will share these films and promote them on our social media channels.
- A number of applicants will be invited to speak or participate in the 2019 ETF conference.
How to apply?
Complete the online application form in English, French, German, Italian, Russian or Spanish and submit.
For more information please visit this website.