Deadline: 27 July 2018
Open to: living individuals or public or private institutions of any nation
Award: 200,000 USD
Established in 1973 by the late John and Alice Tyler, the Tyler Prize for Environmental Achievement is one of the first international premier awards for environmental science, environmental health and energy.
Recipients encompass the spectrum of environmental concerns, including environmental policy, health, air and water pollution, ecosystem disruption and loss of biodiversity, and energy resources.
The John and Alice Tyler Prize is awarded for environmental science, health and energy conferring great benefit upon humanity. The Prize is endowed by gifts from the John and Alice Tyler Charitable Trusts, and awardees are chosen annually by the Executive Committee. The University of Southern California administers the Tyler Prize.
- Living individuals or public or private institutions of any nation are eligible for nomination.
- Who May Nominate:
– Persons or institutions eligible to make nominations include, but are not limited to: any individuals or entity in fields such as biology, oceanography, geology, medicine, public health, chemistry, physics, engineering and social sciences.
- Self-nominations are not accepted.
The Annual Award is 200,000 USD. Joint winners share the cash prize.
How to Apply?
Nominations must be submitted in the English language and include the following information as requested on the Nomination Form and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Full names, addresses etc. of Nominee (individual or institution) and Nominator;
- A one to two-page summary of the individual’s or institution’s accomplishments, discovery, improvement, or other contribution for which the award is proposed, including links to appropriate websites;
- A list of three to five individuals who would be ready to provide reference letters if the nomination is advanced to the short-list;
- In the case of a nomination for an individual, a Curriculum Vitae should be attached with links to appropriate publications, reports and websites featuring the unique contribution(s) for which the nomination is being made.
All initial nominations will be reviewed by the Executive Committee and select a short-list of nominees for whom additional information will be required. All nominators will be notified by September 27, 2018 as to whether or not their nominee has advanced to the short list.
For more information please visit the official website.