Deadline: 11 July 2018
Open to: cinemas that are members of the Europa Cinemas network and whose European results have led to financial support from Europa Cinemas for their 2016 and 2017 programming
Award: EUR 10.000
Europa Cinemas, with the support of Creative Europe/MEDIA, presents the Innovation Prize, rewarding stand-out innovative projects and approaches by network cinemas.
The Innovation Prize has been set up to highlight the variety, vitality and creativity of the network’s cinemas, in particular, those projects and approaches that have the potential to inspire others in:
– Developing and engaging audiences;
– Using digital technology creatively and effectively;
– Building environmentally sustainable projects, as well as projects with a long-term socio-economic impact.
The Innovation Prize is awarded in the context of Europa Cinemas’ overarching objectives to:
– Support the circulation of European films, especially beyond their national borders;
– Develop a network of cinemas that can set up joint activities at a national and European level;
– Support initiatives aimed at attracting Young Audiences;
– Encourage innovation in the promotion of films and communication with the audiences.
1. European programming results
Applications are open to cinemas that are members of the Europa Cinemas network and whose European results have led to financial support from Europa Cinemas for their 2016 and 2017 programming.
2. Implementation period of the project
The projects submitted must have been set up by cinemas between January 1 st, 2017 and December 31st, 2017.
3. Project category
Projects may include best innovative practice in the following categories:
– Offers & services for audiences;
– Interior/exterior design of the cinema, including installations meeting the criteria of environmental sustainability;
– Uses of new technologies;
– Engagement activities targeting new and diverse audiences;
– Programming and activities towards young audiences;
– Community building activities;
– Inclusion and accessibility;
– Organisational development/staff training.
4. Project lead
– A cinema/exhibition company may only put forward one project each year;
– The applying cinema theatre/exhibition company must be the leader of the submitted project;
– Several cinema theaters/exhibition companies may present a single project collectively. In the event this project wins the Prize, it must be shared between the different project partners who submitted the application.
- The Prize is an Award of EUR 10,000;
- The winner of the Prize commits to use this amount in order to continue building on the cinema’s policy towards innovation.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application form.
For more information, please visit the official call.