Deadline: 15 May 2018
Open to: young researchers who are working on a research or PhD project
Venue: 17-23 September 2018 in Vienna, Austria
The VIENNA INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL “TRANSFORMATIONS OF LARGE SCALE HOUSING” offers an opportunity for inter- and transdisciplinary exchange for all participants.
Closely linked to the IBA (Internationale Bauausstellung), the ResearchLab New Social Housing aims to create a context that enriches institutional networking and interdisciplinary cooperation, a stronger basic-research orientation, and international visibility. Over and above the theoretical/scientific discourse, it will stimulate and advance the general discussion about the future of social housing. The ResearchLab New Social Housing is organized in the form of annual summer schools with the active integration of internationally renowned scholars. The summer schools will take place annually in the years from 2018 to 2022 in Vienna within the framework of the IBA. Selected results will be exhibited as part of the concluding presentation of the IBA_Wien in 2022 and in an international conference
Young researchers who are working on a research or Ph.D. project are invited, regardless of their academic discipline and University membership, to apply for participation in the Vienna International Summer School. The Summer School is open for up to 20 participants.
- There is no fee for the participation in the Summer School;
- Travel costs will be covered for up to 500 EUR;
- Accommodation will be provided by the organizers in cooperation with local housing organizations;
- The Vienna International Summer School – Transformations of Large-Scale Housing is funded by the City of Vienna (MA 50) and the IBA_Wien 2022.
How to apply?
Applicants shall submit:
- a description of their research/dissertation project (max. 2 pages);
- a CV (max. 1 page);
Please submit the documents to: email@example.com
For more information, please visit the official web page.