Deadline: 30 March 2018
Open to: citizens or permanent residents from Brazil, China, Colombia, Egypt, India, Japan, Kenya, Lebanon, Mexico, Nigeria, Peru, Republic of Korea, Singapore, South Africa, Thailand and United States
Venue: 6 August – 24 August 2018 in Helsinki, Finland
ThisisFINLAND Foreign Correspondents’ programme will be organized again in August of 2018. The programme is a once in a lifetime opportunity for young journalists and social media influencers. During the three weeks, you will get to know Finland from its world-renown education system to inspiring business solutions and from vibrant urban life to pristine nature, and everything in between!
The Foreign Correspondents’ Programme starts on 6 August and ends on 24 August 2018. The programme is intensive and includes briefings on various subjects, meetings with Finnish professionals and visits to business enterprises, cultural sites and institutions. It also includes a weekend stay as the guest of a Finnish family.
The programme provides an excellent opportunity to learn more about Finland, Finnish society and the Finnish way of life. It also offers the means to enhance your professional skills, as well as expand your network of professional colleagues and international friends.
This year’s Foreign Correspondents’ Programme is definitely for you, if you are:
- An aspiring journalist (graduate or student due to graduate soon) with some work experience in a media house (TV, print or web) or an influencer in social media, for example, an accomplished blogger or vlogger;
- A citizen or permanent resident of the following countries: Brazil, China, Colombia, Egypt, India, Japan, Kenya, Lebanon, Mexico, Nigeria, Peru, Republic of Korea, Singapore, South Africa, Thailand and the United States;
- Born between 1989 and 1998;
- Able to work and communicate fluently in English;
- Interested in learning new things, meeting people from different cultures and spending three weeks in a foreign country;
- Excited to become a lifelong friend of Finland.
- The scholarship covers the costs of travel to and from Finland, local travel in Helsinki, accommodation and the daily programme, including transportation and some meals;
- The programme does not cover medical insurance, per diem allowance or meals not listed as part of the programme.
How to Apply?
The closing date for applications is 30 March 2018 at 11.59 pm local time.
All application documents should be written in English and include:
- Attached application form;
- Curriculum vitae including photo;
- A work sample, or an essay (600-800 words) or link to a short video (2-3 minutes) emphasising your interest in Finland;
All applications are sent by e-mail to the relevant Finnish Embassy or Consulate. Please visit their website for more information:
Brazil, China, Colombia, Egypt, India, Japan, Kenya, Lebanon, Mexico, Nigeria, Peru, Republic of Korea, Singapore, South Africa, Thailand and the United States.
For more information please visit the official website.