Deadline: 31 January 2018
Open to: researchers across the social science spectrum, with particular emphasis on economics, political science, and psychology
Venue: 4-6 April 2018 Amsterdam, Netherlands
The Berkeley Initiative for Transparency in the Social Sciences (BITSS) invites applications for the Research Transparency and Reproducibility Training (RT2) in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, in April 4-6, 2018. RT2 provides participants with an overview of tools and best practices for transparent and reproducible social science research. The curriculum is developed and delivered by academic leaders in the transparency movement, and there will be space for collaborative work and hands-on skill building. Participants are encouraged to bring existing research questions and ideas based on their own interests to seek support and feedback from instructors and other attendees.
RT2 is designed for researchers across the social science spectrum, with particular emphasis on economics, political science, and psychology. Ideal candidates include:
- MA and PhD students;
- junior faculty;
- research staff from organizations interested in using these methods;
- journal editors or research funders curious about the implications of research transparency and reproducibility for their work.
Diversity in terms of background and academic discipline is encouraged.
- There are no tuition fees for this workshop.
- Participant travel support is available for selected participants who indicate this need in their application.
- A light breakfast and lunch will be provided to all participants on each day of the training.
How to Apply?
Apply online here. Applications should also include the following supporting materials:
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume;
- Cover Letter including a) why you are interested in the workshop, b) how you might use what you learn to improve transparency practices of other social scientists, c) whether you will need financial support to attend the institute, and d) your current professional status;
- Letter of Reference (optional).
For more information please visit the official website.