Deadline: 28 February 2018
Open to: UK/EU students
Scholarship: fully funded
Are you looking to study at a prestigious university in the UK? Then you are at the right place, LMJU is offering you a fully-funded scholarship. There are a limited number of Ph.D. scholarships available.
As a Ph.D. student at Liverpool John Moores University, you’ll receive exceptional supervision, work in state-of-the-art facilities and receive excellent training and support via our dedicated Doctoral Academy.
The Liverpool Mechanics Institute was founded by people of power and influence who recognized the transformative effects of education and the impact that learning and aspiration could have on individuals, communities, and society. It was the first such institution to be founded in England. The mission is to be recognized as a modern civic university delivering solutions to the challenges of the 21st century.
- Full-time, UK and EU Ph.D. applicants from any discipline are eligible to apply;
- Scholarship Ph.D. studentships must be filled by the September of the academic year you plan to begin your Ph.D;
- International and part-time students and those completing Professional Doctorates are not eligible for support under this scheme;
- Supervisors must be L/SL status or above. Postdoctoral researchers or research assistants are not eligible to be supervisors.
- Fully-funded Ph.D. scholarship;
- Up to GBP 20,353 per year will be awarded. If you are awarded a fully-funded Ph.D. scholarship, you could receive:
- Annual fees: GBP 4,300
- A contribution towards running costs: GBP 1,500 per year
- An annual stipend: GBP 14,553
How to Apply?
- A 1,000-word statement outlining your proposed Ph.D. research, and any relevant experience in the field.
- Your CV (maximum two pages) indicating the names of two academic referees.
For more information please visit the official website.