Deadline: 13 October 2017
Open to: citizens of Sub-Saharan African countries
Benefits: full scholarship
The African Leaders of Tomorrow (ALT) Scholarship Program commemorates the late Nelson Mandela’s commitment to social justice and equity. It supports young African professionals to become leaders in public policy and administration.
The African Leaders of Tomorrow Scholarship Program grants full scholarships based on merit to women and men from sub-Saharan Africa to pursue a Master’s degree in public administration, public policy or public finances in Canada.
- Be a citizen AND resident of sub-Saharan Africa;
- Be between 22 and 35 years old (at the beginning of the study program);
- Have completed a university degree meeting the minimum academic requirements for admission into a Master’s degree in Canada (a minimum average of B [75%] – check equivalencies on the right hand side of this page);
- Have a minimum of two years and a maximum of five years of full-time work experience in the public sector, civil society sector or a research institute in Africa;
- Meet the language requirements in French and/or English at the university where you will study;
- Meet all the academic and admission requirements of the study program of choice.
- Return airfare (at the beginning and at the end of the program);
- Tuition fees;
- Monthly living allowances and settling-in allowance;
- Fixed allowance to cover purchase of books and attend conferences in Canada;
- Health insurance coverage;
- Fees for a study permit.
How to apply?
Interested candidates should apply online via the online application.
Important dates for the application process include:
- 13 October 2017: Deadline for applications;
- 16 October 2017 – 31 December 2017: selection process;
- 1 January – 6 February 2018: email to pre-selected candidates;
- March 2018: Admission to Universities;
- July 2018: Pre-departure process (visa, accommodation, pre-departure orientation);
- August 2018: Orientation in Canada.
For more information please visit the official website.