Deadline: 4th October 2017
Open to: women from Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Sweden, Syria, Tunisia or Yemen
Scholarship: fully funded
Are you a woman with a vision? Do you want to develop as a social entrepreneur to lead change? Apply to a leadership programme unlike any other and take your social business initiative to a whole new level. She Entrepreneurs is a recognised leadership programme for young emerging women social entrepreneurs in the Middle East and North Africa region (MENA) and Sweden. It is based on real business experiences and collaborative learning.
She Entrepreneurs is an initiative from the Swedish Institute (SI), a public agency that promotes interest and confidence in Sweden around the world. Swedish values and experiences include creating a sustainable and equal society globally. Sweden is a reputed innovation leader and gender equality role model.
During a total of two and a half weeks on two separate occasions, the She Entrepreneurs programme offers personal and professional development to women whose social enterprise delivers a solution for positive social change.
You are welcome to submit your application if you meet the following criteria:
- You are a woman between the age of 20 and 36;
- You are driven and have an ongoing business initiative aimed at positive social change through entrepreneurial principles;
- You are a citizen of Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine*, Sweden, Syria, Tunisia or Yemen;
- You have a proficient command of both written and spoken English, as well as basic knowledge of the internet and new technologies.
The work on your social business must already be started and should be based and implemented in your country of citizenship or in one of the eligible countries .
*Palestinian ID holders, including Jerusalem ID.
- There is no fee for the programme;
- Travel, hotel and food expenses are covered by the Swedish Institute;
- She Entrepreneurs will offer you personal and professional development.
Through the programme you will:
- develop your own social business-initiative and acquire personal skills and innovative tools;
- build on your knowledge of business elements, from branding to risk-taking;
- meet other women entrepreneurs. Inspire each other and share experiences on common challenges;
- emerge with a strong and active network of likeminded women who support each other in driving important changes in society.
How to apply?
Follow these steps to submit your application:
- DOWNLOAD and fill out She Entrepreneurs Application Form 2018 (you can find it in the official website);
- GO TO application portal;
- UPLOAD the completed application form in English, including your contact details and the contact details of two reference persons*;
- UPLOAD an updated CV in English;
- UPLOAD a photo (not compulsory).
For more information, visit the official website