Deadline: 07 November 2017
Open to: citizens of a Chevening-eligible country
Scholarship: fully funded
We are pleased to announce that applications for 2018/2019 Chevening Scholarships are now open!
Chevening is the UK government’s global leadership programme, offering fully-funded scholarships and fellowships for future leaders and influencers to study in the UK.
If successful, you will live and study in the UK, during which time you will develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
Chevening is the UK government’s international awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders since 1983. Chevening offers a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers, and decision-makers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
To be eligible for a Chevening Award you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country;
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended;
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK;
- Have at least two years’ work experience (this may be up to five years for fellowship programmes, so please refer to your country page for further details);
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 12 July 2018;
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 12 July 2018.
Chevening offering fully-funded scholarships and fellowships.
Please see the finances section, and read the advice on activating your cash card. If you have a question relating to Chevening Fellowships, please read the FAQs below. If you are still unable to find the information you need, please get in touch via our contact form.
How to apply?
So, if you believe that now is the time for you to grow into your full potential, apply before the 7 November 2017. Interviews will be conducted in the city where the British Embassy and High Commission has a representation.
You will be required to attend the interview in the country from which you applied. If there is more than one representation in your country, you will be invited to the city that you have indicated in your application form.
In order to apply, register here.
For more information please visit the official website.