Deadline: 28 June 2017
Open to: students with a masters degree in the humanities or social sciences
Benefits: salary of 1,365.50 EUR gross/month
The Centre for Southeast European Studies is looking for an University Assistant without doctorate (20 hours a week; employment from 15 September 15, 2017 until August 31, 2019).
- Contribution to collaborative, third-party research (application, project management and realisation);
- Independent research, particularly for a PhD research project;
- Teaching and teaching support;
- Student supervision;
- Administrative support.
The applicants need to have:
- Masters degree in the humanities or social sciences;
- Background in cultural studies, anthropology, comparative politics and international relations, contemporary history, Islamic and Oriental Studies or in Middle Eastern Studies;
- Area studies knowledge of Turkey or another country in Southeast Europe;
- Experience in comparative scholarly research (a background in quantitative methodologies is welcome, willingness to work with qualitative methods is required);
- Very good command of English, knowledge of Turkish or of a southeast European language;
- Innovative thinking and commitment to independent academic work;
- Openness towards new research questions and methods;
- Excellent communications– and management skills;
- Outstanding social skills and teamwork abilities.
The assistant will be compensated according to the salary scheme of the Universitäten-KV (University Collective Agreement): B1. The minimum salary as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is EUR 1,365.50 gross/month. This minimum salary may be higher due to previous employment periods eligible for inclusion and other earnings and remunerations.
We offer you a job with a lot of responsibility and variety. You can expect:
- Enjoyable work climate;
- Flexible work hours;
- Numerous possibilities for further education and personal development.
Take advantage of the chance to enter into a challenging work environment full of team spirit and enthusiasm for your job.
How to apply?
In order to apply please submit the following application documents:
- Statement of motivation (1 page);
- A proposal for a PhD project (2 pages);
- A short narrative CV (1 page), a full CV (3 pages);
- Contact details of two referees, who are ready to swiftly submit a reference letter.
Please submit your file to:
For further information please contact Univ.Prof. Dr. Kerem Öktem at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the official website.