Deadline: 2 May 2017
Open to: citizens of Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey
Scholarship: amounting to EUR 20 000 per year for the duration of the undergraduate studies program
Sciences Po is offering Seydoux Undergraduate Scholarship for excellent students from developing countries to pursue undergraduate studies in France. The scholarship is open to citizens and/or residents in ten countries located in the expanded Mediterranean Basin allowing who wish to study at Sciences Po at the undergraduate or graduate level. The aim of the scholarship is to promote the education of the developing country students. Sciences Po or Paris Institute of Political Studies is a university located in Paris, France. It has the reputation in France of being an elite institution and was ranked 4th globally in Politics and International Studies by the QS World University Subjects Rankings 2017.
Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- The Seydoux scholarship is intended for students who are able to demonstrate a real interest in relations between Mediterranean countries. The scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic excellence, social criteria;
- Candidates must be a resident and/or citizen of one of the following countries: Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey;
- Candidates must be accepted to Sciences Po’s undergraduate studies programme.
- Applicants must meet the necessary English language proficiency requirements of the host institution;
- Applicants must have previous year degree.
Students will receive a scholarship amounting to EUR 20 000 per year for the duration of their undergraduate studies programme.
How to apply?
Applicants can apply via email.
- Candidates must first of all must apply to study at Sciences Po and indicate their selected programme of study. Applications must be made on Sciences Po’s Admissions website including all suuporting documents requested for the Emile Boutmy scholarship application. The deadline is the same as the deadline for Emile Boutmy scholarship applications;
- During the two weeks following the student’s application, all candidates must also apply for the Seydoux scholarship by sending an application to Caterina Sabbatini Clec’h.
This application must include the following documents:
- Cover letter outlining motivations for an interest or previous experience in actions which aim to promote and bring closer together Mediterranean people in social, cultural or scientific spheres;
- Any other evidence attesting to the candidate’s motivation (recommendation letter, evidence of voluntary work, personal work, etc.).
For more information visit the official web-page.