Deadline: 31 January (Professional Grant); 14 February (Student Grant)
Open to: students and professional photographers
Grant: 20 000 USD (Professional Grant); 1000 USD (Student Grant) + other grants
As of today, Alexia Foundation is accepting applications for both its Professional Grant and its Student Grants. The Alexia Foundation offers production grants to students and professional photographers to give them the financial ability to produce substantial stories that drive change in the effort to make the world a better place.
The Alexia Foundation offers production grants to students and professional photographers to give them the financial ability to produce substantial stories that drive change in the effort to make the world a better place.
- The winner of the Professional Grant will receive 20 000 USD to assist in the production of the proposed project.
- The First Place Student Winner will receive a 1000 USD cash grant to assist in the production of his or her proposed project;
- The individual will also receive tuition for one semester at Syracuse University’s S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications. This scholarship does not need to be used as part of a degree seeking sequence. We think of it as an opportunity to uniquely expand one’s story telling capabilities;
- Up to four (4) Award of Excellence Winners will be named, at the judges’ discretion. Each will receive a 500 USD cash grant to help produce the proposed project. Award of Excellence winners will also receive 1500 USD that may be applied toward tuition at Syracuse University or they may choose to attend one of the following workshops: a MediaStorm one-day workshop, a Momenta Photo Workshop or a Kalish Workshop, which is provided by The Gilka Grant.
- Applying for the Student Grant is free;
- There is a 50 USD entry fee for the Professional Grant.
How to apply?
Please see Syracuse University Alexia Tsairis Chair of Documentary Photography Mike Davis’s “How Do You Create a Successful Grant Submission?” in order to see what is looked for in the applications.
Judging for the 2017 Alexia Grants will take place March 24/ 25 at Syracuse University’s Newhouse School. Winners will be announced on or around April 8.
More information on the official website.