Deadline: 31 December 2016
Open to: young journalists between 18 and 30 years old from all over the world
Venue: Berlin, Germany
Orange Magazine is a project of European Youth Press (EYP), an organisation working for the benefit of young journalists in Europe. It provides journalistic education and supports young journalists by giving them room to explore media and current affairs.
The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) is the oldest political foundation in Germany with a rich tradition in social democracy dating back to its foundation in 1925. The foundation owes its formation and its mission to the political legacy of its namesake Friedrich Ebert, the first democratically elected German President.
They are looking for up to five young journalists with English and German proficiency to cover Friedrich Ebert Stiftungs Integrationskongress 2017. The candidates has to be between 18 and 30 years old.
The following positions are open for applications:
2-3 PRINT/WEB JOURNALISTS
Responsibilities: The Orange team will produce one issue of the magazine before the Integrationskongress and will cover the event via live-blogging feature during the event. Each member will have to write at least 2 features related to the topics of the 2017 edition of the event.
2 VIDEO and/or MULTIMEDIA JOURNALISTS / PHOTOGRAPHERS
Responsibilities: The video team will create a 1-2 videos, which will include the highlights of the conference and some vox pops with the key guests and organisers of the event.
- Social media skills are highly appreciated. You will be expected to tweet and feed our Facebook page during the conference;
- Audio and video skills are considered an advantage;
- Perfect working and writing knowledge of English and German and the capacity to work with people from other cultural backgrounds;
- Experience in video editing and camera shooting for the multimedia journalist position.
Accommodation for three or four nights (depending on the flight’s schedules) is covered. Travel costs to/from Berlin are reimbursed.
How to apply?
Please apply by sending your story idea, resume and previous work samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The story idea should be related to the topic: Integration.
- What is your story idea?
- How is it related to the conference topic?
- How are you going to research the topic?
- Who are you planning to interview?
For more information please visit the official web page.