Deadline: 18 October 2016
Open to: anyone who will provide technical, strategic and facilitation support to strengthen the work of the Network for Building Peace
Position: the consultant assignment will be completed in the period from November 1, 2016 to May 1, 2017 and it will is expected to require approximately 30 days of work
The Network for Building Peace (Network) consists of 90 peace and human rights organisations working in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH). It serves as a platform for exchange of information among its members and beyond, acts as connecter and convener, helps both funding partners and CSOs to coordinate their work in BiH and promotes peace relevant issues. The Network aims at influencing policy and contributing to actions recognized as crucial for long-term building peace in Bosnia and Herzegovina such as education, security, development, protection and promotion of human and minority rights, dealing with the past and transitional justice, gender equality, public dialogue and democracy, strengthening civil society and building peace, trust between BiH people and nations and improving coexistence in BiH, and constructive engagement with political structures in BiH.
The Network is currently supported by the PeaceNexus Foundation on its Organisational Development (OD), in order to:
a) Establish channels of two-way communication with its members, enabling more connection and participation within the Network.
b) Enable the Network members to play a constructive and coordinated role while engaging publicly (particularly through media channels) on peacebuilding relevant issues in BiH.
- Independent national and international consultants, consulting firms with proven track record of relevant experience of similar assignment/work;
- Possibly a team of 2 consultants should be proposed demonstrating the following qualification, experience and skills;
- Sound organisational development background, including experience with surveys and participatory methods;
- Proven track record in the field of media and communication, experience in media strategy development -ideally in the context of BiH (please provide references and/or examples).
- Excellent facilitation and analytical skills;
- Proven leadership and influencing skills, strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ideally experienced with peace building/HR organisations in BiH and specifically with networks (please provide references and/or examples where you have led organisations/networks to results on similar challenges);
- Excellent knowledge of BCS language;
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
The assignment will be completed in the period from November 1, 2016 to May 1, 2017 and it will is expected to require approximately 30 days of work.
- The consultant(s) will provide a detailed work plan showing the assignment’s important activities and milestones;
- The Consultant(s) will be required to travel different locations in BiH to meet with Network member organisations and to prepare the GA;
- The consultant(s) will be provided with the technical and logistic support from the Secretariat and Committee for Organisational Development and Cooperation, including arranging all meetings, events and site visits.
How to apply?
In order to apply please submit your application at: email@example.com
The submission/proposal should provide the following information:
- Letter of motivation stating why the consultant(s) are suitable for the work outlined, what qualifies them to do so, and how they would approach the assignment (proposed methodology);
- Financial proposal comprising detailed quotation for the assignment, showing working days and expected fee/anticipated days, availability as well as travel costs from place of residence and back;
- CV including relevant work experience and qualifications;
For more information please read the official call.