Deadline: 30 September 2016
Open to: students enrolled at the University of Milan who meet the income, merit and academic continuity criteria
Scholarship: the value of the Scholarship depends on the student’s geographical origin
DSU regional scholarships – University of Milano regional scholarships consisting of a sum of money and free access to refectory services are covered by DSU benefits (Education incentive Programme – Diritto allo studio). Financed by the Lombardy government and the Ministry for Education, regional scholarships are guaranteed to all eligible applicants thanks to extra funds provided by the University.
The scholarships are awarded yearly, via competition, to university students meeting certain merit, income and regular attendance requirements, provided they are regularly enrolled in degree or postgraduate programmes.
- Students enrolled at the University of Milan who meet the income, merit and academic continuity criteria;
- Students enrolled on first cycle, second cycle and single cycle degree programs are entitled to apply for scholarships that ensure their right to education for the years of regular study, as established by the relevant regulations and, for the first year that they are not up to date with exams (‘fuori corso’), to an amount equal to 50% of the amount set aside for students who are on track with their studies (disabled students with a degree of disability equal to or greater than 66% are entitled to apply for scholarships for an additional year).
- Scholarships consist of a sum of money, the value of which depends on the student’s geographical origin and his/her income bracket, and of an amount for free meals;
- Disabled students with a certified disability equal to or higher than 66% will receive a supplement to the scholarship;
- Students intending to participate in an international mobility programme are also entitled to receive a supplement to the scholarship, the amount of which is dependent on the duration of the period spent abroad and on any amounts previously awarded to the student by the University;
- Scholarships are exempt from income tax (Ministerial circular no. 109/E of 6 April 1995 of the Ministry of Finance).
How to Apply?
Applications for scholarships and any supplementary sums for disability and/or international mobility must be submitted using the electronic form available on the Scholarships, accommodation and refectory services by 30th September 2016.
a) Students with a university email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org,) must access the application procedure using their university login details, fill out the form and confirm the data by the deadline;
b) Enrolling students must access the procedure after registering on the university portal In both cases it may be necessary to submit additional documents (rental agreement for recognition as a non-resident student, “Dichiarazione di Valore” in place of a previous educational qualification, etc.).
All the required documents must be uploaded in the specific page of the online submission procedure.
For more information please visit the official call.
One thought on “Regional Scholarships – University of Milano”
Is this scholarship for international students also?