Deadline: 29 June 2016
Open to: candidates with a Master Degree and a proven track record of at least 1 year of experience in European public affairs
Remuneration: salary in line with candidate’s experience, lunch vouchers and additional employers’ retirement plan
The European Builders Confederation (EBC) is the voice of construction crafts and SMEs in Europe, a European trade association composed of 17 member associations, representing construction micro, small and medium-sized companies towards the European Institutions. With headquarters in Brussels, we are seeking a highly motivated person to join our team. We offer an attractive working environment within a dynamic, international and young team.
The Junior Policy officer will be responsible for the upcoming revision of the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive, the Energy Efficiency Directive and the Waste Directive.
Reporting to the Secretary General, he/she will notably:
- Be in charge of defining EBC positions, in close consultation with our members and our team;
- Define and implement the advocacy strategy to promote EBC positions by interacting with EU-decision makers and potential allies;
- Prepare briefing notes, presentations and relevant materials in relation with energy & environment policies;
- Ensure external representation of EBC positions by attending and speaking at workshops and conferences;
- Contribute to the content of EBC communication tools.
The candidate will also perform some administrative tasks in support of the Secretariat’s daily work.
- The successful candidate will be a motivated, talented and flexible professional with strong interest for energy and environmental issues. In order to succeed, he/she has a perfect understanding and knowledge of the EU decision-making process;
- He/she has proficient communication skills, both written and oral, in English and at least another relevant EU language;
- He/she can establish contacts easily and therefore create alliances in his/her daily lobbying work;
- The candidate will be able to work independently and as part of a small team;
- With a Master Degree and a proven track record of at least 1 year of experience in European public affairs, the junior policy officer contribution to the team will be key to achieve EBC’s goals.
EBC offers a full-time contract with 13 months-salary in line with candidate’s experience, lunch vouchers and additional employers’ retirement plan. The position allows and requires flexible working hours, but awards satisfaction, responsibilities and potential for growth to a dedicated professional.
How to apply?
A motivation letter (1 page) and a CV (maximum 2 pages), addressed to EBC Secretary General, should be sent to email@example.com by 29th June 2016 quoting “Junior Policy Officer – 2016” in the subject line.
For more information please visit the official website.