Deadline: 13 June 2016
Open to: candidates with a bachelor’s degree, or a master’s degree or its equivalent, in economics, econometrics, statistics, mathematics, finance or other relevant discipline;
Remuneration: EUR 1,050 per month
The Money Market and Liquidity Division of the Directorate General Market Operations at ECB is seeking applications for this traineeship from candidates who have completed at least a first cycle of qualification evidenced by a full degree (bachelor’s) as at the closing date of the vacancy.
The successful applicant will be entrusted with the following main tasks:
- Designing and updating reports on various market segments;
- Summarizing the weekly feedback from external parties on market developments;
- Supporting market experts in analyzing developments in monetary policy operations and the Eurosystem balance sheet, as well as with daily liquidity analysis;
- Analyzing data used to calculate money market reference rates for the euro;
- Developing reporting and monitoring tools.
Applicants must have the following knowledge and competencies:
- A bachelor’s degree, or a master’s degree or its equivalent, in economics, econometrics, statistics, mathematics, finance or other relevant discipline;
- A good understanding of financial markets and/or market operations and/or familiarity with statistical or mathematical software;
- An interest in working on the maintenance and development of IT applications for market operations;
- A proven ability to extract and analyse large sets of data using Excel, Access, Stata, MATLAB or similar data analysis applications;
- An advanced command of English and a good knowledge of a least one other official language of the EU;
- Sound knowledge of the standard Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint);
- Sound knowledge of more than one of the following: Oracle SQL, VBA for MS Excel, Stata, MATLAB, Bloomberg and Thomson Reuters Eikon market data services.
The trainee grant is the exact amount of EUR 1,050 per month. The trainee grant is increased to EUR 1,900 per month for trainees who have completed at least two years of PhD study and who apply for a traineeship vacancy that requires such a level of qualification.
Traineeship lasts six months, with the possibility of an extension up to 12 months in total in the same business area subject to individual performance and organisational needs.
How to apply?
Applications are to be made in English and submitted using the online application form. Deadline for applying is 13 June 2016.
For more information please visit the official website.