Deadline: 30 April 2016
Open to: students and recent graduates up to the age of 30 who study or work in Belgium
Venue: 17 August- 2 September 2016, Alpbach, Austria
European Forum Alpach 2016 will be held under the main topic “New Enlightenment” from 17 August till 2 September in the village of Alpbach in the Austrian Alps.
Every year, about 4,000 participants from over 60 countries meet to discuss emerging trends in eight broad fields: technology, law, European and international affairs, financial markets, economy, public health, higher education and architecture and urban planning. Each of these fields has a dedicated “symposium” in the conference schedule. All of the events, however, are united by a loose, overarching theme: in 2016, the European Forum Alpbach takes on the question of “New Enlightenment”.
The full program of the EFA16 is available HERE.
- All students and recent graduates up to the age of 30 who study or work in Belgium;
- Individuals who represent a wide spectrum of opinions, and academic and professional backgrounds;
- Ideally you plan to work and/or live in Brussels from September 2016 in order to continue to play an active role in the Club, however, this is no mandatory requirement.
- The Club Alpbach Brussels awards scholarships to cover the entire conference fee;
- Accommodation is reserved in central location for the scholarship holders;
- Travel, accommodation and meals are not covered although additional funds might be available.
How to apply?
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 30 April 2016, containing the following documents:
- Motivation letter – or motivation video – answering in English each of the following questions (max 800 words or 3 minutes):
- Your reasons for applying;
- Your free and critical thoughts about this year’s topic “New Enlightenment”;
- Why you should be picked;
- What you plan to do after graduating (if applicable), and whether you plan to be in.
- Your CV (no picture; max. two pages).
Scholars are required to attend the European Forum Alpbach 2016 in its entirety (17 days), so please only apply if you are available for the whole period. If you need help with the costs related to the Forum participation, please indicate this in your application.
For more information, please check out the official call or visit the official website.