Deadline: 1 April 2016
Open to: women journalists with at least three years of experience and excellent English skills
Fellowship: travel and in-country logistics’ cost, fellowship-related costs and visa costs
The International Women’s Media Foundation (IWMF) is pleased to announce they are accepting applications for two reporting trip locations in July:
- The Central African Republic (CAR);
- The Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).
Two groups of six women journalists will report from CAR and the DRC on issues related to civic engagement from July 12 – 24, 2016. All Fellows will begin their trip in Nairobi, Kenya, where they will complete comprehensive security training and an orientation about the African Great Lakes region.
- Be affiliated or freelance women journalists with at least three years of professional experience in journalism working in print, broadcast, or digital media;
- Have excellent written and verbal English skills in order to fully participate in and benefit from the program;
- Be able to demonstrate support from an editor or have a proven track record of publication in prominent media outlets;
- All nationalities are welcome to apply.
The IWMF arranges for all Fellows:
- Travel and in-country logistics;
- Fellowship-related costs within the framework of the reporting trip including travel, lodging, meals, and fixers/interpreters, unless a selected journalist’s news organization wishes to assume these costs;
- Visa costs , but fellows living outside the U.S. are responsible for procuring all necessary visas.
How to apply?
The IWMF will accept online applications:
- Central African Republic (CAR) reporting trip: click here;
- Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) reporting trip: click here.
For more information please visit the official page.